Monday, January 12, 2009

Things to do for 2009

I like to do the yearly resolutions. Usually I have several and usually, I just forget about them halfway through the year.

HOWEVER, last year, I wanted to get healthy and I did. I lost about 20 lbs and am feeling much better. I can get into about half my closet now and I am so excited.

SO, this year, I want to lose another 20 lbs. I want to be even healthier and I want to take better care of myself, for my girls. T Girls Rock, by the way, if you didn't know that already!

I want to smile more and yell less. I told one of my girls in the car today that if you want people to change how they treat you, you have to change how you treat them. I think that is a good lesson for me too and for everyone. We can be upset because someone did this or that, or even you wish someone would do this or that, but I think that in order to get, you gotta give. It is always so nice to give. It makes your heart feel good to know that you helped make someone smile. My prayer would be that God helps me change to be a better person. I guess to sum up this, I want to be a better wife and mother. To have a tangible goal... I don't have a clue how to measure this. Any suggestions would be great!

I want to write more. In order to be a better writer, I have to write. So, I have been writing once or twice a week in a journal. My goal will be to make that 3 times a week. It sure will be great at the end of the year to see where God has taken me.

I would like to let God lead me where He wants me to go and not where I want to go.

I want to intentionally seek out peace and harmony. My life tends to get carried away in chaos, whether it be letting the girls go crazy, in turn driving me crazy or letting the laundry get out of control and driving me crazy. Either way, I feel out of sync. I need to find a place in my head where I can just let Him have it and not try to control everything, because that is the illusion, we don't have control of anything, but what is in our head. (thank you to Jurassic Park for that, oh so true, line).

So those are the things I want to work on this 2009. 2008 was great, but 2009 is going to be sublime! :-)

Peace and love to all of you....
Until we read again!

2 comments:

Criss L. Cox said...

Congrats on last year's weight loss! I've given up on looking at the numbers of my weight. In the last 2 (3?) years, I've done two triathlons (with Team in Training). Before I started, I weighed around 130 lbs. After the first triathlon, I had gone UP to 140 lbs. While training for the second one, I discovered I was up to 150 lbs. My body shape is pretty much the same, but I've gained 20 lbs... sure, it's "muscle weight," but it's still A 20 LBS GAIN! That's why I don't look at the numbers anymore (only when I go to the doctor for my annual exam, and they put me on the scale). As long as I'm happy with the way I look, and I'm eating healthily, I'm happy.

I need to "smile more and yell less." I yell a lot... mostly at my students. They're high schoolers, so most of them can take it and a lot of them deserve/need it, but still. I need to learn to ask God for help with that stuff, too... the whole peace and patience thing. (And I need to learn to listen to Him, in case He's trying to tell me something... it's so hard to tell if He's telling you to do something, or if you're hearing what you want to hear).

Anonymous said...

Wendy,

I want to thank you for sharing yourself with us! I know it wasn't an easy thing. I want to continue encouraging you to keep going with the path God's leading. I too struggle with with being gentle with my husband and children the way God is with me. I will be in prayer that God reveals to you what that looks like in your life!

As for any suggestions, I have only one. Pray for gentleness, peace, grace, mercy and guidance! Ok, maybe that's more than one ;o) God will give you that to you! I will be in prayer as well, not only for you but myself as well! We could all use these in this world!

You know I'm always here for you when you need me. I know you'll do the same for me! Blessings and Love girlie!

Faith Writers