Friday, January 25, 2013

God's Creation

I'm just began a new journey to grow closer to God. I won't go into the details because they are not relevant to this post. I wanted to share a quick thought about one of the verses I read today. Especially, if you are feeling like you don't matter or aren't good enough. This is for you. "Psalm 139:13-14 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Wow, just think about that for a minute. I copied it in my journal and it hit me like a ton of bricks. He took the time to KNIT us, stitch by stitch. Have you ever knitted before? It takes time. He thoughtfully counted each and every stitch it took to make us. He didn't swirl His hand and poof we were there. He knit us. He skipped a stitch for every hair follicle He made. Just think when you get done knitting something. It isn't perfect but you love it because you created it, flaws and missed stitches and everything. But God's creation, us, we were perfect, because He is perfect. So how can I look at myself (or not look at myself) in the mirror and think, oh my that is awful, put some clothes on! God looks and me and says, "Wow, she is fearfully and wonderfully made. Perfect, just like me." Who am I to argue with that. God loves me just the way I am. Now that is incentive to find a way to love myself, just the way I am and go from there to be better. Praise God! Be Blessed, Until we read again...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Psalm 139 is so precious to me that I committed the whole chapter to memory about 8 years ago. But you've given me a slightly different perspective about that verse. Not being a knitter, I don't think I really appreciated the connotation.

Danielle Marie Peck said...

Beautiful, Wendy. I love that verse. When we create something- even something that doesn't turn out the way we wanted it to, we still cherish it because we worked hard on it. I love knowing that God took the time to create me, to put me together in exactly the way He wanted me to be and even when I try to be my own person, He's still there perfecting me, making me exactly who He knows I can be. It's amazing, that with everything that's going on in this universe, He takes the time to know us and love us and take care of us.

Faith Writers