Sunday, September 9, 2007

Busy Busy Busy

Today at Church, it was brought to our attention that that we are always in a hurry. It is funny how God throws things at you, just when you need it because it is soooo true. Everywhere I go, I feel rushed. I rush through life and rush through my shows, rush through homework with my kids, even rush through mowing the lawn because rain was coming today, (which by the way, it ended up not even raining at our house!) A month or so ago, I was driving behind someone who was going slow (the speed limit) on our back country road and heard my 3 year old say, "C'mon DUDE!" It was a slap in the face. How many times must she have heard me say that? A few days ago, she said it again. I realized that, not only am I rushing all the time, my girls are watching and learning from me to be busy bodies. Before church this morning, my husband realized that he is basically booked up all week this week. Working all day, then softball games/practices, house church, it seems the list goes on. How is it that in life today we are keep ourselves so busy that we don't have time to sit down and relax or take care of ourselves. I complain all the time about how overweight I am. I could make time for that, my heart wants to make time for that, but I don't. My head makes up excuses and my limbs follow suit.
I am not really sure where I am going with this post, but alas to ponder, why are we so busy and what can I do to make a difference so my kids don't grow up running their lives away, in a hurry, like I do. C'mon Dude!

Until we read again! wt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!! We too are always in a hurry...I am always rushing Torie out the door to school, rushing to get Ryan ready, etc...so we can get the the next place on time. It is so nice to take time to relax and focus on the important things. One of the things our transformation group has forced me to do is to make quiet time daily with God. It is hard to get up a little earlier in the morning, but it is so worth it to start my day out calm and slowly. I am not the best at always making myself do it...but when I do it makes a world of difference. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!!

Faith Writers