Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First day of school

I just wanted to drop a quick post. Today, my 5 year old started school. I thought it would be an easy day, but it wasn't. I fought back tears several times. Maybe it would have been better to let them just come instead of eating them.

I wish I had pictures, but I don't right now. I still don't have a working digital camera. I did take pictures with my disposable camera though.

After the Boo Hoo breakfast at school, I went to Heidi's house for a Moms and Muffins Prayer Breakfast. This was our first annual one. A bunch of us moms got together to have some breakfast and pray over our kids, each other, our teachers and the different administrations responsible for our schools. It was moving. It helps you not feel so alone in this ever changing world of children. It was led by someone who still cries every school year when her college age kids and college graduates call her when they start school every year. One of them is a teacher. She said that it doesn't change. Every year, she is still moved by the experience. Wow, how incredible is that? It puts things in perspective. God gives us these babies to raise and give back to him. He trusts us with his precious children. We are his precious children too though and I bet he crieswhen he sends us off too. You know we are the coolest kids on the earth right!?? He loves us more than anything in the whole world right???
He wants us to run in the door at the end of the day and tell him all about how our day was too. How awesome is that???

Just some ponderings from a tired mom.
Peace be to you from the Lord most high!
Until we read again...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh, Wendy...I'm sure that will be me next year. And I'll be there with you guys! :)

Faith Writers